Saturday, February 18, 2006

Important repetitions


I have been reading the book of Leviticus over the past week. One phrase repeatedly mentioned sticks out like a red flag. Or a directional marker.

The phrase?
"I am the LORD."

Curious to see how often it occurred, I checked BibleGateway and found that
"I am the LORD" is repeated 49 times in the book of Leviticus.
The phrase occurs 183 times throughout the entire Bible.

Important things are repeated.
The children of Israel obviously needed to be reminded who the Lord was.
Maybe we in 2006 need the same reminder.

2 comments:

Boopchile said...

Now, why didn't I see that when I was in Leviticus? I always appreciate other's learning from the Bible. I am in Psalms now, chapter 16, and I am anxious for some beautiful, uplifting chapters!!!
Thank you for your blog.
Betty G

sparrow said...

Amen.