Friday, February 10, 2006

Senator Sam Brownback



I had never heard of this man until last night. (I do not normally stay in-the-know about politics.) As I drove to community choir practice, I listened to NPR's "All Things Considered" and was pleasantly surprised to hear,
"I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative, I'm an economic conservative, I'm strong military. But I also voice and speak and work hard on the social issues. I am pro-life. I believe in the sanctity of marriage. I think the real needs in the country are for cultural renewal." (For more, or to listen to the interview, click here.)
That was Senator Sam Brownback from Kansas describing his political philosophy. He is a hopeful 2008 U. S. Presidential candidate.

I was pleasantly surprised and encouraged about how openly and transparently he seemed to describe himself. He talks candidly about operating from a Christian worldview. Brownback is a committed Catholic who, on Sundays, goes to early morning Mass and then accompanies his family to their evangelical Protestant service. He is the father of five children, two of whom are internationally adopted.

He has my attention.

2 comments:

Carol in Oregon said...

Very interesting. He's caught my ear before. It's so easy to get cynical and think that everyone is tainted.

Carol in Oregon said...

Very interesting. He's caught my ear before. It's so easy to get cynical and think that everyone is tainted.