Thursday, March 02, 2006

Afternoon soundtrack

Eight loaves of bread are cooling on the table, and supper is ready minus the cornbread to be baked later.

I love the Liberty! music, but a change is in order for the afternoon. This afternoon, George Winston is pounding that piano of his and treating me to music from Night Divides the Day: The Music of the Doors. Though the Doors were around in my younger days, I only remember listening to “Light My Fire.” This afternoon, I am enjoying “Spanish Caravan” in particular.

After two weeks of more-than-usual stress (the kind that gives you a dull headache all day), I must say that the last few hours have offered a reprieve. Life for the moment is like it should be.

And I am thankful. This morning's prayer, "Let me sense your presence in the midst of my turmoil" is realized.


No comments: