Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The old in the new fulfilled



A verse from the hymn "
Ah, Holy Jesus":

Lo, the Good Shepherd for the sheep is offered;
the slave hath sinned, and the Son hath suffered;
for our atonement, while we nothing heedeth,
God intercedeth.

It is no coincidence that Jesus entered Jerusalem on the day we celebrate as the Triumphal Entry. This particular day was the day the Hebrews were commanded to set aside the lambs chosen for slaughter later in the week for the observance of Passover.

Jesus, the final Passover Lamb, was set aside then as well.

The typography of the Messiah in the Old Testament and his fulfillment in the New Testament is sobering, yet wonderful. He fulfills the covenant established years before.

He does not fail. He does not disappoint.



"Christ was all anguish that I might be all joy,
cast off that I might be brought in,
trodden down as an enemy that I might be welcomed as a friend,
surrendered to hell’s worst that I might attain heaven’s best,
stripped that I might be clothed,

wounded that I might be healed,
athirst that I might drink,
tormented that I might be comforted,
made a shame that I might inherit glory,
entered darkness that I might have eternal light."


Soundtracks for this week:


Particularly,
"When I Survey the Wondrous Cross."


Particularly, "Crown Him with Many Crowns."


Particularly, "Lift High the Cross."




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»