Saturday, April 01, 2006

When it's all been said and done




Today's soundtrack again has been A Musical Tribute to C. S. Lewis, particularly the song "When It's All Been Said and Done." A clip of this beautiful song can be heard at selection nine on this page.

I think I want this song sung at my funeral.
Seriously.


When It’s All Been Said and Done
(Robin Mark)

When it’s all been said and done,
There is just one thing that matters--
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for You.?

When it’s all been said and done,
All my treasures will mean nothing.
Only what I’ve done for love’s reward
Will stand the test of time.

Lord Your mercy is so great
That You look beyond our weakness,
And find purest gold in miry clay,
Making sinners into saints.

I will always sing Your praise,
Here on earth and ever after.
For You’ve shown me Heaven’s my true home,
When it’s all been said and done.

You’re my life when life is gone.


3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this one and often put it in the service when I lead worship. It sums it all up, doesn't it? I originally heard it on a worship CD called Revival in Belfast by Robin Marks and there's other great stuff on there, too.

Carol in Oregon said...

Catching up on two posts:

I particularly love the close-up of you two. What a great picture!

When It's All Been Said and Done gives me the goosebumps. The last seven words are packed.

Yesterday I listened to Rutter's "God be in my head" with tears flowing at the sheer beauty of it (it was a weepy kind of day). The last phrase is:

God be at mine end and at my departing.

Blessings to you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»