Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Autumn Reading Challenge

Ladies, the Autumn Reading Challenge officially comes to a close this Thursday!

It is hard to believe how quickly these three months are gone.

My Challenge list needs to be updated, but I'm waiting to push on through the remaining pages in a couple of books so they can be added. Plus, I'm in the midst of the final days of the semester with two very time-consuming projects left to finish. So, I may not get the ARC list finalized for a few days. Nevertheless, keep reading!

If you participated in the Autumn Reading Challenge and especially if your list was linked here, please post a link in the comments section here to your update on your blog or just go ahead and post your list. Also, please share those books that really wormed their way into your heart and being.

I've heard from a few of you ARCers that you are up to a Winter Reading Challenge. Because of Christmas, how about if we keep reading (of course!) and use December to read any Advent or Christmas seasonal selections and formulate a plan for January and February. This convoluted schedule would allow a Spring Challenge in March, April, and May.

If you are like me, you are developing a list, mental or otherwise, that you want to attempt throughout all of 2007. Carol of Magistramater gave me a wonderful idea about categorizing my reading (see Carol's categories here). When I've had time, I have been developing some categories and jotting down possibilities to read through next year. They include fiction (fluff, pop/contemporary, and classic), biography (authors, composers, artists, scientists), historical, education, juvenile literature, special authors, and special subjects.

Whether or not you want to attempt a challenge again, keep reading!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

I found out about your Autumn Challenge to late to join.

A Winter Challenge will be great fun.

Julie D. said...

Here are my Autumn Reading Challenge results. Great idea and I am definitely going to be doing a Winter Reading Challenge, whether on my own or in conjunction with yours remains to be seen ... depending on your final decision! :-)

Carol at MagistraMater said...

Hi Janie,

I finally wrote my post on the ARC. You should be able to go straight to it clicking on my name.

There were several titles I didn't get to, but I sort of knew that would happen. One the other hand, the Challenge focused my reading and, for the most part, kept me on track. Thanks for your work coordinating this.

Lynne said...

Hi Janie!

I linked above to my Autum Reading Challenge Recap instead of my Welcome Page. I'm working on my Winter Challenge list now and am eagerly awaiting your WRC picture to finish up the list entry and to post the list to my Welcome Page.

The ARC and the accountability helped me to read (most of ;-D) what I had planned. I've always been one to read whatever I was in the mood for, so this was quite a nice change. Thanks!

Lynne said...

Well, the link didn't work, so here's the one to my Welcome Page. The entry you want is called "Autumn Reading Challenge Revisited".

Carrie K. said...

Here's my wrap-up post:
http://carrie.homeschooljournal.net/2006/12/02/autumn-reading-challenge-wrap-up/

Barb said...

I had a great time doing this even though the "end product list" was vastly different than what I had intended. Here's a link to my post on the final list:

http://lvbirders.homeschooljournal.net/2006/12/19/the-end-product-autumn-reading-challenge/

I look forward to the Winter Reading Challenge and will post my list as soon as I compile it :)