Thursday, May 10, 2007

New books

Many, many thanks to those readers who have helped put some of these books onto my library shelves through the Amazon Affiliate Program. These were received with a thankful, unexpectant heart through your generous efforts.

The Great Conversation (Melchert)
I wished I had had this while I was homeschooling. This is a wonderful book that is easy to read.

Amazing Grace (Metaxas)
Amazing Grace in the Life of William Wilberforce (Piper)
Two more books about the life of William Wilberforce.

The Contemplative Pastor (Peterson)
A speaker in the Circe conference circuit refers to this book as so helpful for teachers that I had to get it.

Courage and Conviction (Withrow)
The third in Withrow's church history series.

God's Secretaries: The Making of the King James Bible (Nicolson)
Sounds like interesting history of a little written about, yet dramatic, event.

Better than Life (Pennac)
About children and reading.

Surprised by Joy (Lewis)
Lewis's autobiography.

The Aeneid (Fagles) with audio
Anything Fagles will get added to my shelf.

The Excellent 11 (Ron Clark)
Teacher book.

The Essential 55 (Ron Clark)
Teacher book.

The Spying Heart (Paterson)
Gates of Excellence (Paterson)
About reading and writing for children by author of Bridge to Terebithia.

My 2008 list is beginning!


3 comments:

Kathleen Hamilton said...

Love the Melchert book! My son studied that in Tina's (from WTM) online Christian Philosophy class, taught (well, sort of taught) by a professor in Washington state. What a great book.

Kathleen Hamilton said...

Oh, yes, and I meant to mention the Fagles Aeneid, too. I bought that for Connor for Christmas--he's a big Fagles and Aeneid fan (he's studying it in Latin this year). He loves it!

Patti said...

My son was in the same class as Kathleen's son, and I, too was very impressed with the book. I couldn't help but think that the author was a christian.