Saturday, May 05, 2007

Spring Reading Challenge---the final month

With a little less than one month left in the Spring Reading Challenge, my ambitious list has proved just that---ambitious. Too ambitious. I don't know about you, but when I make my list ---any list--- and cannot finish it, I am disappointed.

Now, I have read and not dawdled my time away. And I did add a few books which took time away from The List, but still. I really get some ridiculous fulfillment from being able to cross off all the items on my list!

Anyway, with an upcoming beach trip that wasn't factored into The List though it was anticipated, more changes will result.

Besides the everyday morning reads, I am reading
The Crown of Fire: Polycarp Bishop of Smyrna (Newson) and ready to begin Loving God with All Your Mind (Veith).


Continuing Everyday:

The Aquinas Prayer Book (Aquinas)
Faith Alone (Luther)
The One Year Book of Poetry (Comfort)
The Intellectual Devotional (Kidder)
Truths We Confess (Sproul)

Finished for Spring Reading Challenge:

A Diary of Private Prayer (Baillie)
Moby Dick (Melville) with the audio
Reading Aloud & Beyond (Serefini)
The Call
(Guiness)
Long Journey Home (Guiness)
Drums (Boyd)
Dr. Jenner & the Speckled Monster (Marrin)
There are No Shortcuts (Esquith)
Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire (Esquith)
The Chosen (Potok)
The Promise (Potok)
The Passionate Learner (Fried)
Wisdom in the Waiting: Spring's Sacred Days (Tickle)


2 comments:

DebD said...

You have still read more than I could ever get to in 3 months time.

I hope you'll have loads of reading time by the beach.

Carrie K. said...

Your list is impressive - I wouldn't be disappointed, if I were you!