Friday, June 08, 2007

Fine Art Friday

detail from "The New Novel"
1877
Winslow Homer

Do you notice all the three-leaf clovers in the foreground? And how Homer color-coordinated the girl's hair and lip color with her dress and the color on her sack?

I'm curious about the book cover. What do you think?

She looks what I would like to be doing this afternoon. Maybe if I get busy and finish this morning's tasks, I can. But not in a long sleeved dress. Temperatures today are to be in the nineties.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I had no idea this was a Winslow Homer. When I first started blogging this was one of the first pictures I put at the top of my page. I like it because she is reading the same way I like reading...laying down on her side! :)

I never noticed the clovers before.

Donna Boucher said...

Gorgeous!!!!
I forgot FAF today.
Opps.

I love your choice and have never seen it!
Thanks!

Kathleen Hamilton said...

Ooh, I like that picture, too! Though I don't think I could read in that position for long ;-).

It's supposed to be in the beautiful 70s here today. Perfect for outdoor work! Enjoy your day.