Friday, June 01, 2007

The long-awaited verdict is finally in...

I figured this was forthcoming. I'm not upset, but I am disappointed, of course.
Thank you all for your encouragement, thoughts, and prayers.

Dear J....,
I have just received confirmation from a candidate to whom I have offered the humanities position. It was a tight race, as I had several very fine candidates as finalists, and you certainly were one of them. In the end, I offered the job to another candidate. I would love to remain in touch, and with our anticipated growth look forward to other opportunities in the future.

Oh, well. At least my clematis is pretty. They are actually prettier if you click on each one to enlarge.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

No, your clematis is beautiful!!! Stunning!

I'm sorry about the position. That's got to be the nicest "no" I've ever read, though!

Carrie K. said...

I'm sorry, Janie - I know how much you were hoping for the position.

Donna Boucher said...

Dear Janie,

I'm sorry, too.

God must have something else in mind for the coming year.
This is how we look at Emma's wait list status at Moody Bible Inst.

God's perfect plan.

Your flowers and photography are beautiful!

((hugs))

DebD said...

So sorry for your disappointment. I know how much you wanted it.

The Clematis is quite stunning.

desert mom said...

I'm sorry, Janie...and yes, your clematis is very pretty! I've long wanted to grow a clematis but I've never seen one in the Middle East. I did, however, transport a purple coneflower in my luggage last summer and it is now sprouting up in my flower garden.

Kathleen Hamilton said...

Ahhh. I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment. But, we serve a sovereign God.

Your clematis is beautiful! This year, ours is the most beautiful it's ever been!

Carol in Oregon said...

Awwwwwwwwwww Janie.......

I would call this A Hard Providence.

God moves in a mysterious way, my friend.

Shucks.

Seasonal Soundings said...

Thank all of you all so much! You all are really great. I do not look at this as a closed door. Just for this year. They are in a huge transition with new building and SACS accreditation, so certification has played a lot into it. I plan on determining what I lack to be certified and focusing on that this next year. And I'm looking into some other things for this next school year.

Thanks again! Ya'll are the best! (Said in my best southern drawl!)

Janie

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I know it is hard when a door is shut that we wanted to have opened.

That only means He has something better for YOU! :)