Friday, July 13, 2007

Fine Art Friday



















from AllPosters.com

Seasonal Soundings
will be on vacation until sometime after July 20.

My bags are (almost) packed and I'm ready to go.

The reading beach bag is stuffed for six days of some continuing structure and sustenance (Faith Alone, The Intellectual Devotional, The Graces We Remember), some amusement (Consent to Kill, Harvest, Life Support), and some work (world history text to plan year of lessons), plus my planner, my notebook of ideas, and a pile of pens and pencils.

While gone I will no longer bridge the mid-century mark, I will cross over the 50-year line. I choked on those words last year, and it has not gotten any easier throughout the year either. But, as someone wisely put it, I am still on this side of the grass.

Upon return, I will spend twelve days putting the finishing touches on my plans and getting my room ready. Yes! I have a room...a nice large room...full of possibilities.

See you then!


6 comments:

Carrie K. said...

Have a wonderful vacation, Janie!

Kathleen Hamilton said...

Have a great time! And Happy Birthday. I'll be right with you in a few months ;-). The "Big 5-0 didn't faze me a bit last year! It's just a number, remember.

Carol in Oregon said...

Blessings upon blessings to you. Go in peace. Rest. Enjoy the beach. Have a great, great time.

I know you will be very busy this next year, but I am hoping you will find moments every once in a while to blog about your teaching.

I loved hearing your experiences last year as you subbed.

It's a vicarious thrill to walk along, online, you.

Dana said...

Yes, enjoy! This will be your last chance before the school year begins in full force.

Dana in GA

desert mom said...

Happy vacation and happy birthday, Janie.

Carol in Oregon said...

How did I miss saying Happy Birthday?

Groan.

Happy Birthday to youuuuuu!