Saturday, August 25, 2007

Reading Challenges

I must admit that I am desperately reading-challenged now.

I have no extra time to read. And the little time I do have, at bedtime, I fall asleep after two pages.

Because I do not know when I can devote not only to reading, but to posting about the seasonal reading challenges that I've hosted over the last year, I must give them up.

If there is another SS reader who would like to take these over, please do so. I just cannot devote time to hosting anymore.

4 comments:

ellen b said...

Thanks to you for the time and effort you have put into this and blessings on you as you step away!

Carol in Oregon said...

You know, I was just thinking this morning that the end of Summer Challenge was here this week. Immediate next thought: Janie can't do this.

I appreciate so much what you have done in the past, and how you have modeled intentional reading for me.

My master reading list for the year is still in place, although it has been altered (of course!). With a new school year, I have new reading also.

I've been pushing to finish Dante's Divine Comedy last week and was glad to make it to the end. I hate to leave great works uncompleted.

But mostly I am thankful, THANKFUL, for you.

DebD said...

I want to thank you for helping me to keep on track with my readings. I was also thinking that you would not be able to continue with it. Good luck with your new venture and I hope the school year is a rewarding and fruitful.

DebD said...

Janie - I blogged my Summer Reading challenge wrap-up. I just didn't want to end the challenge without a follow up.

Hope all is well.
Summer Reading Challenge Wrap Up