Thursday, January 03, 2008

For such a time as this?

Very quickly.......

I was just asked to prepare a presentation to select faculty of the school I'm teaching in now. The preparation will not require a from-the-ground-up effort because I have several PowerPoint presentations I can dress up.

The subject: What is classical education? How does it work?

The reason: The school has decided to entertain the possibility of transitioning to the trivium-based classical model.

Yesterday, I asked a key person at school where the thinking stood about classical education and if the school would be open to its adoption. She told me that the hang up would be they had no one to guide and direct such a venture. She knows my background. I told her I would be privileged to undertake it if they wanted to go down that path.

Twenty-four hours later, to the minute, she walked in and asked me to prepare an initial presentation. Next week. If a positive decision is made to pursue the transition, it would begin immediately and be implemented next school year.

WOW! I will need to be bathed in prayer for conciseness, clarity, composure, and confidence.

For such a time as this?

Much more could be said, but I've no time. Today is oldest son's twenty-second birthday and I promised to bring home the famous birthday pizzas. And then, I've got regular schoolwork to do.

5 comments:

Carrie K. said...

I'll be praying, Janie!

Kathleen Hamilton said...

Wow! Great news. We'll be praying.

Kelli in TN said...

What an amazing journey this is proving to be.

How fun it must be to feel God's hand moving you gently down the path He has for you.

Queen Bee said...

I'm so happy for you. I will keep you in my prayers. Happy Birthday to your son. I have a twenty-two year old as well.

Ann said...

Congratulations! Work hard, pull it together! I don't know where you stand on this issue, but a local Christian school claims to teach a "classical model" of education, yet the (ex-)headmaster claimed they taught that evolution was a fallacy. How can this be? So prepare well, whatever your view on this, and go for it!