Thursday, January 17, 2008

This morning's weather map

The prediction was correct. And school was canceled. I expect tomorrow will be also. MLK Day is Monday which will make a five day unexpected winter break, if we don't go tomorrow.

I need the break to catch up and get ahead.

My classical education presentation is scheduled for tomorrow, if we have school. Today will give me the needed time to polish it.

Though the week has only been three days long, those days have been some of the roughest. A very major student altercation on Monday, a tutoring assignment during study hall for a new student in Algebra I who wants to get a credit for a year's work in five months, the scheduled presentation, plus two major tests...I do need a reprieve. Oh, and I've not gotten home at night until 6-7 pm. Monday, I picked up Chinese take-out. I love fortune cookies after the meal and read the fortune with implausible amusement. After such a trying day, the fortune read, "You will soon pass over the great waters." Ha! Just what I needed, right?!

2 comments:

DebD said...

Its not too bad here where I am (north and east of you I think), but its coming. I'm sure it will be nice to have some down time.

Enjoy the respite.

Queen Bee said...

I will be praying for you tomorrow! Special Day. I'm so proud of you.
Love,
Debbie