Sunday, February 24, 2008

Movies and moves


Over the weekend, we have watched a couple of interesting movies. For something inspirational,
First Do No Harm fits the bill. The plot reminds me that we often must do our own homework rather than accept what others tell us.

For something equally inspirational but horrifying, Alive! is perseverance to the hilt. Graphic crash scenes and the necessity of cannabilism or death make this a film that is not for the weak-stomached. Both films are based on real events.




On another note, our little soldier girl is back in Iraq for another tour of duty. This time will not find her in a combat capacity but in retention. She will travel throughout Iraq to assist those soldiers with their paperwork as they reenlist.

In April, she's expected to be promoted from Staff Sergeant to Sergeant First Class. After only six years in the Army, that's a pretty quick move up the ranks.

Her orders are for a 15-month tour, but those of often amended with need. Prayers for safety appreciated.

8 comments:

Carrie K. said...

I will definitely be praying for your daughter, Janie - and for peace for you while you wait for her to come back home.

Urban Mom said...

Please tell you daughter how grateful we are for her service! Keeping her in our prayers....

Donna Boucher said...

I will start praying immediately.

God bless your girl.

Kathleen Hamilton said...

Praying for your daughter!

Urban Mom said...

Oh, I meant to tell you... My DH is a high school English teacher. He once taught "Alive." His kids were completely freaked out, grossed out -- and INTRIGUED. They were *definitely* paying attention for that one! =-)

Queen Bee said...

I will keep her in my prayers.
With love,
Debbie

A Circle of Quiet said...

As always, dear Janie, I will pray.

May she be a light in a dark place.

Di

Roger said...

Janie, it has been so long since I've checked in w/ your blog! Thanks for letting us know about your daughter. It is certainly my privilege to pray for her and the other soldiers.

My oldest boys (twins, 14 years old) may be attending school this fall in order to play sports. I'm nervous and excited at the same time). I can't believe they are already in high school.

Well, that is all. You come to mind often!

Blessings,

Camy