Thursday, June 26, 2008

David McCullough again

The more I read from him, and about him, the more I would love to have him sit down in my home and talk to me. And he seems the perfect type to do such.

Graduates of Boston College had the privilege for having Mr. McCullough give them wise advice in beautiful words as he delivered their commencement address this year. Thanks to MMv, this address is online and you can read it yourself. Ah, refreshing, encouraging thoughts from one of today's wisest minds.

If you like to get your hands on anything McCullough, get yourself this audio CD, The Course of Human Events, and soak up his words. Hearing him tell a story is something else. And read this from the SS archives.

2 comments:

Carol in Oregon said...

Amen, sister!

I would love to have DMcC for my father. There is something so decent about him, so steady, so solid.

I loved the speech, printed it out, read it through twice.

I can't tell you how lovely it is to read your posts.

Sigh.

Janie's back!

Hurrah!

Laura said...

Exactly. He's so down to earth and kind.