Wednesday, July 02, 2008

On the screen.....

Do not miss this wonderful series from Masterpiece Theatre.....


Cranford
Be sure to have some tissues for the last episode. The characters will stay with you for while.

This production is based on Elizabeth Gaskill's book Cranford. There is no way I have time to read it, but I'm sure it is even more delightful than the five episode film.

Also, I just realized something quite helpful. I receive a catalog from Vision Video filled with Christian DVDs covering a wide range of topics. Many of the DVDs I could use in school for Church History or as a biography. There are even instructional series carried by this company that I would love to see myself. But, at $16 and up, those costs are prohibitive, though I do purchase some occasionally. One thing I have found is that Netflix carries many of these titles. Many, many. I'll say no more. You can figure it out.


1 comment:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I was wondering if this was good. I wasn't able to watch it on TV. I'll have to see if the library has it in.

We loved the BBC version of North & South!