Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Teacher Movies

Since school was closed today for inclement weather that didn't happen (again), I've spent a leisurely morning compiling my list of favorite teacher movies which are now posted in the sidebar below Visiting. The list is in no particular order, but the last one listed, The Marva Collins Story, helped to launch me on my current journey. That was twenty-eight years ago!

If you have favorite teacher movies, please post them in a comment. I'm always on the lookout for another one!

6 comments:

Poiema said...

Great list! I love teacher movies as well. How about Mr. Holland's Opus?

Jeff Miller said...

A similar vein to Mr Holland, but a bit broader: Les Choristes (The Chorus).

Donna Boucher said...

The Miracle Worker.

I went on to learn sign language many years later and worked with the deaf.

Sherry said...

To Sir With Love. I like Sidney Portier as an actor, and even though I haven't seen the movie in years, I think it would age well.

magistramater said...

Janie,

I just saw a *book* about a teacher on another blog and thought of you.

http://worthwhilebooks.blogspot.com/

The year of Miss Agnes.

Looks good!

TTA said...

Oh, Carol, it is! I read it last year and it was so much fun! You would love it. I even wrote a post about it here: http://seasonalsoundings.blogspot.com/2007/12/delightful-little-book.html

I saw the same post up at Read to Learn yesterday. :)