Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dear Zachary

As suggested by a fellow teacher, this independent film is gripping.

I almost turned it off after ten minutes, even said that if the story didn't get going, I was turning it off.

Well, I didn't. And I'm glad.

I cannot tell you anything about the film without spoiling it. In fact, DON'T read any reviews. You will read a spoiler and the film is worth much more without the spoilers.

Unless you want your children hearing intense language, don't let them watch this. The language results from emotional intense situations, and, with the exception of a few adolescent scenes, the language is not gratuitous.

If you watch this, let me know. I'd love to hear what others who see Dear Zachary think.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I have looked at this several times on instant view on Netflix. I wasn't sure about it but now I think I'll give it a try! I'll let you know.