Saturday, March 21, 2009

One letter at a time

Every Friday brings the weekend adventure of grading almost fifty spelling tests. Three different classes means three different word lists. Occasionally words overlap because the lists are based on spelling rules. Each class has from twenty to twenty-four words per week.

Let me tell ya....after looking carefully at

substitution
ferocious
circumstantial
fifteen times, with almost thirty-five more times to go, I am the one who thinks she needs a spelling lesson. I honestly become entranced sometimes and wonder if I ever really knew how to spell the word.

Deciphering middle school students' handwriting and sometimes weirdo letter combinations are usually the last thing I want to do after a jam-packed week with another jam-packed week to plan.

Yet, I love to do what I do.

Go figure!

No comments: