Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm a wimp

I just took the wimpy way out to compose my 8th grade World War I test.

I cannot grade another essay test right now. I'm swamped with papers from this past week and have an 8th grade WWI test tomorrow. So, I took the easy way out (maybe) and made a huge matching test. All of the previous tests for this class have basically followed a fill-in-the-blank and essay format.

Two reasons why I changed this one: First, grading is much easier and quicker. Second, a number of students in the class need a good grade on this test.

So, I'm interested to see how the grades turn out. I want the test to test what we have learned yet be a challenge. It has taken me ALL afternoon to make this thing. 57 questions and 2 extra credits. I even turned what would have been essay questions into matching! How lazy is that!

But, when I showed it to my husband who said if they know even half of it, they will know more than he was taught in high school. Same for me.

I still feel like a wimp for preparing an entire test as matching. I'm sure I'll feel differently when I start grading them tomorrow afternoon though.

Two weeks and two days left for me!

No comments: