Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rain, rain, and more rain. The bright side is Pandora.

For two days straight, rain has fallen. The temperature is cool. And this is perfect slugging weather. Slugging, as in conducive toward laziness.

Everything is profusely green and full now. The trees are heavy and dense with leaves. Maybe the autumn leaf change colors will be brilliant!

Do you know about Pandora Radio? It is free. And with no commericals. Just music. It is personal, meaning you can choose your artists and / or songs and create your personal station.

I've had a great time creating many stations to fit my mood. I'm jazzed about finding my old high school favorites from the early 70s. Who remembers "Crimson and Clover," "Build Me Up, Buttercup," Grand Funk Railroad, Creedence Clearwater Revival, James Taylor, Simon & Garfunkel, and, of course, Chicago?

My stations include those 70s artists, plus Bach, Pachelbel, Mozart, Boyce, Handal, Chamber & Baroque music, Jon Schmidt, Jim Brickman, Solomon Keal, David Neuve, and Josh Groban.

With Pandora, CD purchases will be practically zero this year.

Try it. I know you'll like it!

No comments: