Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Updated Summer Reading Challenge

[Update: After a two-year hiatus, half of the former twenty-four SRC readers are breezing through pages. Be sure to check out the current readers and their lists below and add you name and link to your list in the comments. There are no rules and there is no deadline, so please link your list to satisfy the book lust in us bibliophiles!]

It's been awhile, a couple of years to be exact, since I hosted seasonal reading challenges. I believe I can handle this now, even though I still have lots to do. And, goodness knows, I need the push to renew my pursuit of intentional reading.

The last reading challenge I hosted had 24 linked participants! It would be thrilling to get reacquainted again. So, if you want to link your list, please add it in the comments.

I have several books I want to read this summer and some I need to pre/re-read for school next year.

Brunelleschi's Dome (King) in preparation for our exciting trip.
David Livingston (Benge)
Meriwether Lewis (Benge)
John Adams (Benge)
The List (Baker)
To the Last Man
(Shaara)
King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (Green)
The Captain's Dog (Smith)
Cruel and Unusual
(Cornwell) (I'm slowly making my way through Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta mysteries)

This list doesn't include my morning books: The Literary Study Bible, The Christian Almanac, and (currently) The Journey (Guinness). I have always had a teacher book going on too, but I've not decided which one that will be yet.

Let's help each other in our pursuit of the good life by intentional reading!

Read!


Juanita at Jam and Books

Carol at The Well

❧ MFS at Mental Multivitamin (Thanks, MFS! Glad to be back! I just put The Questing Knights in my cart.)

Karin

Riverfront Headmistress

❧ Inquirer at Always Chasing Boys

Catherine

Deb

Peela - since she is in Australia, her winter list

❧ Diane at A Circle of Quiet

❧ Carol at Magistermater

❧Carrie at Books and Movies

❧ Poiema at Poiema Portfolio


3 comments:

Carrie K. said...

I hope I'm not too late! Here's my post: http://booksandmovies.colvilleblogger.com/2009/06/20/summer-reading-challenge-2009/

(I'm Carrie from Mommy Brain, but I do my book blogging at Books and Movies now. :))

So glad you're hosting again, Janie!

TTA said...

Never too late, Carrie!

Glad to have you with us!

Janie

Poiema said...

I finally got my list together. Glad you hosted the challenge again! Enjoyed reading your choices--I've read quite a few of the Benge books and found them appealing to a wide range of ages. I like that the authors often include the actual words from the main character's journals. Here's my post:
http://is.gd/1aaof