Friday, June 19, 2009

What about portable bulletin boards?

I like bulletin boards; I just don't like to do them. Their only purpose usually seems to be to decorate the wall.

My classroom decorations, though, need to be usable.

I've long known about lapbooks and the beneficial results that come from them. Lapbooks are great tools but they take time that traditional classrooms don't have.

So, I'm thinking why not make a classroom-sized lapbook using a science fair project board. I could use it from year-to-year, add to it, or omit things.

For some illustrations, I'm thinking of using next-to-nothing-besides-shipping used books.

I've got a bunch of ideas floating around that I need to work through before attempting one of these. My goal, ultimately, would be to have one for every history chapter. If I make one every few weeks over a couple of years, my goal would be met.

Students would get the idea of how to put together lapbooks and better able to do their own.

Plus, they would be great review tools.


I'm thinking something like this:




To something like this:

No comments: