Thursday, June 18, 2009

A hump day

Work has wearied me. I'll appreciate it from August until May, but right now, I want to be at the beach.

Today is my fifth, and by far, the hardest, day with Eat to Live. My book hasn't arrived yet, so my meal plans are cobbled from others who use this plan. I love beans, and I love rice, so I'm not too tired of those yet. It's the vegetables. I thought I loved vegetables, but I'm wondering now.

This is a hump. A big one.

..................................

Since I have a sundress I love because it is pretty, comfortable, and inexpensive, I decided to order a couple more in different colors for our trip. I think alternating between capris and sundresses will work. These dresses have a placard of buttons down the front, even though the dress pulls easily over the head. Sometimes, in the many positions you get into, the placard gapes and looks terrible. So, today I dragged out the sewing machine and stitched down the placard. Now, no more worrying if I've created a peephole but my movements.

Even though the three dresses are different colors, they are still much alike. Think it will be too obvious? I don't really mind if it is. I've come to the place that if I like it, little matters whether others do or what they think. Obviously, still a little matters, or I wouldn't bring it up.

2 comments:

Inquirer said...

About the vegetables ... Go to a farmers market. See what is fresh. Eat them. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Some really delectable salads using vegetables make them a treat and not a treadmill. Like my favourite Corn Picnic Salad which features

3 cups frozen corn, thawed
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/3 c. red pepper, chopped
1/3 c. green pepper, chopped
1/3 c. red onion, chopped

Dressing:

1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. balsalmic vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper

Serve over assorted lettuces.

Once I mixed it with some leftover spaghetti and it was yummy.

I'm collecting healthy recipes, too, and this one is pretty easy.

Success in your new healthy lifestyle!

Honey Bee