Friday, July 24, 2009

Up, up, and away

...or maybe,

All my bags are packed,
I'm ready to go,...
I'm leavin' on a jet plane....


But, I like
"The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality
and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are."

~Samuel Johnson


In just a few hours, we leave for the trip-of-a-lifetime.

I'm excited. My journal is packed, and I hope I can make myself keep up with this task. My camera is loaded with a bunch of memory cards. I know I'll keep up with that! I love pictures.

What slipped by me until last night was the mileage between the cities---many jaunts will be 400 miles. And there are about four of these jaunts. I need to find another book to take. The OCD in me thinks how much school work I could crank out while riding!

Anyway, in 17 days we will be back, God willing, and richer for the experience.


À bientôt!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Have a lovely time! Can't wait to see pictures.