Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hopefully cathartic

I'd like to think that simply stating something would be the cathartic needed to persevere.

So:

I really don't want to do this. I don't want to type one. more. note. I don't want to spend the rest of my time off preparing for later. whine.........whine.........whine


There. Done.

Now for the explanation....
In the two weeks off from school, I've spent the first week helping my husband in all those little necessaries that follow surgery. I've enjoyed it. I've relaxed. And I needed that. But now, this last week, I have had to make myself prepare for January. The stress, rather, the demand, continues. I still have the possibility of nine jury duty days which will take be out of the classroom at the drop of a hat. Easy, you think, until you have to prepare sub plans. Whatever I naturally, intuitively do in the classroom (and I do a lot), I must type out for the substitute. Now, she's a great sub, and she knows the method of my madness, but I don't want to leave anything to chance. So, detail typing it is. This must be what Technical Typing means.

So, back to typing daily grammar plans. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janie,

I'm happy to hear your husband is recovering well.

As a teacher, I can identify with the need and desire to leave "school" out of the equation during our holidays.

I just read about Circadian Rhythms. The physical cycle takes 23 days to complete; the emotional cycle takes 28 days to complete and is tied to creativity, emotional health, and temperment; the intellectual cycle takes 33 days to complete.

She said "Pilots in Europe have their biorhythms checked and if there are two or more lines in the critical zone they are not scheduled to fly the plane."

Praying for you to get some "Me time" soon. Thank God we have our Sabbaths.

God bless you.

Honey Bee

A Circle of Quiet said...

Dearest Janie,
Just catching up with some favorite blog and read about your husband. I am so glad to hear he is healing and feeling better. Phew. And Praise God.
I hope school is going well.
Love to you,
Diane