Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday Soundtracks

Here's an attempt to post all of today's soundtracks. If you stop by later, scroll down for up-to-date soundtracks, my airscape this morning as I plow through efforts to cobble the last week of lesson plans for 2009. Wow! That just did hit me: the last week of lesson plans for 2009! The year has really flown. This also marks the halfway mark in terms of grading periods, too.

I'm satisfied with where we are this time of the year. We've stayed right on schedule with spelling, poetry memorization, and catechism only because they were planned, printed, and ready to go the first day of school. (Planning is the key to efficiency.) We are much farther along in history this year because of better planning and have even had a couple of bulky geography units. I have fallen woefully behind in my efforts to build-a-timeline-on-the-wall. My personal timeline hasn't afforded the time to design and print figures. 2010 resolution: Get it done! I'm not as far in grammar as I had hoped, partly due to not enough time to plan ahead, and partly due to taking longer to learn noun clause diagramming. But they know it now!

This next week will bring some possible life-changing events that comes with getting older. Monday's cardiac catherization for my husband may plan our Christmas for us. More later this week as I know. Plus, I have two days of jury duty for December, unless I am "un-selected" on Tuesday. I believe by the time Friday gets here and school is over for 2009, I will need those two weeks off!


.........................................................................................................................................................................




Amy Shreve's Christmas on harp
Favorite tract: "Coventry Carol"











James Galway's A Christmas Carol with his beautiful flute. I'm partial to "Cantata No. 208 / Sheep May Safely Graze."










Renaissance Holiday remains another one of my top favorite Christmas music CDs probably because it is from Mannheim Steamroller. I enjoy the airy renaissance wind instruments, the blare of brass with occasional beat of drums and percussion that moves along the songs in this collection.


No comments: