Friday, January 22, 2010

A great education - An ideal graduate

Both of these are topics about which I'm seeking opinions.

At school, we are formulating our position on what an ideal graduate should be. From there, we will formulate curriculum and scope and sequences as steps leading to the ideal graduate.

I posted that question on a board I used to be part of regularly when we home educated. Another poster posed a separate question: what is a great education.

So, what are your thoughts or ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting questions! When I was in my first year of homeschooling, a veteran shared her goals with me. She wanted to give her children the tools and skills necessary to teach THEMSELVES anything they wanted to learn. She said this could entail gathering the proper resources, experiences, mentors, etc., but would also include fostering the type of curiosity and tenacity that would lead her children to keep digging and delving, acquiring knowledge for a lifetime. This may not be what you are looking for, but it has stuck in my brain for 14 years. This is an astounding feat considering I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. :-) Miss you lady. How is your hub doing?
Cathy Leonard