Thursday, February 11, 2010

Back to school!

We go back to school today! After being off for eight straight days, we start two hours late. Lots of ice-crusted snow remains on the ground, but the winds have stopped howling.

I have lesson plans that I worked and re-worked in anticipation of returning last week. Interestingly, last Wednesday night, I decided I wasn't touching them again. They were dated for last Thursday. So, I'll just change the dates one week later, and I'm set.

This month was to be our story-writing month. With the month half-gone, I believe I may change this week's writing plans. With all the snow adventures, the students are bound to be able to write a good story about one of those.

Here's off to Februrary, almost two weeks late!

By the way, for any of you who might be looking for some daily writing ideas, check out this one. I'm using it for the rest of the year to try it out.

Cheers!



No comments: