Saturday, June 19, 2010

Back to the real world at noon today. But only until Wednesday afternoon! Then I skip over to Williamsburg to saturate myself in another classical education conference. This next one will be smaller. And instead of a Friday afternoon session, we have passes to Colonial Williamsburg. It's been years since I've been, so I'm really looking forward to it.

I've been so useless with my huge summer to-do list except for the window washing part. Out of the thirty-nine windows at home, I've finished fifteen. So, Monday and Tuesday will again be designated WW days.
Oh--no--Tuesday's out! Just remembered I'll be taking my mom to the doctor that day and her cat to the vet. After next week's conference, I will be able (hopefully) to sit down and knock off some of those items before school starts in seven weeks.

So, why is that cluster map in this post? Evidently ClusterMap has a policy of clearing the map when it reaches so many red dots, and they sent me a notice that the clearing is imminent. I rarely look at it, but wanted to capture one year's visits to SS recorded on this map. What I find interesting are the visits from other countries. Clearly absent is the country of China. But where the other visitors came from and why is a mystery to me. I had put a ClusterMap on my classroom blog and think it might be a good tool to get the students interested in where people come from to visit Through the Ages, thus helping them learn where those countries are located. Adding this to my to-do list.


I started a book last night that may well take me the rest of the summer to read and likely on into the fall. More on the book later, but do you know how hard it is to hold a 3"+ book in your hands while reading in bed? 3" and 800 + pages -- what was I thinking?

1 comment:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

A friend of mine was thinking of giving up blogging. She has a very busy ministry and was tired of snarky comments.

I had her look at her ClusterMap to see how a blog can reach people all over the world. She did and she kept blogging!

Isn't it amazing how the Internet reaches so many people?