Wednesday, June 02, 2010

My middle schoolers sing!

And just what do they sing?

They sing the Westminster Shorter Catechism.

All 107 questions and answers learned over three years.

Today, our last day of school, I got them all together on the spur of the moment, and let them sing questions 1 and 4 while I very amateur-ly videoed them.



video

What is the chief end of man?
Man's chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.


video

What is God?
God is a spirit, infinite, eternal, and unchangeable in His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth.

The four CDs are available for purchase through Reformed Music.

2 comments:

Juanita said...

Where might one find the music for the questions? This is very intriguing!

Thanks.

Juanita

JSD said...

Hi Juanita,

I'm sorry! I should have posted a link (which I have now done).

Holly Dutton has written, recorded four CDs for all 107 questions and answers at Reformed Music. http://www.reformedmusic.com/wsc.asp

These songs are fantastic!