Sunday, March 13, 2011

When a plan comes together

I just love it when a plan comes together. That relief when just the right things cross my path -- things I need to decide and voila! there they are -- the answer I've been looking for.

And I have to admit that the Lord answered this weak, half-hearted, half-formed prayer-that-never-made-in-from-my-mind-to-Him. He pulled some things right in front of me that were just perfect.

Without going into the details now --I will, just not now-- all this has to do with curriculum decisions for next year that have to be finalized by June. I am incredibly thankful. And awed.

- - - - - - - - - -

And on another note, I finished reading (whizzed through it somehow) a book that is literally been on my nightstand for maybe three years. I had put it on my list to read this year which is probably why I actually read it.

I'll try to write a review of Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague (Brooks) in the next few weeks. Some great insight into a mysterious time, but the book won't be going on my classroom shelf, unfortunately. More on that later.

- - - - - - - - - -

For the past two weeks I've been fighting some nasty sinus thing -- not a cold, not bronchitis, not laryngitis -- though by listening to me you couldn't prove it. Doesn't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon though I've been to the doctor and have taken all sorts of interesting medicine combinations.

I remembered this weekend that about twenty-eight years ago while living in the deep, deep south, I had a bout of "allergies" that I don't have. I realized that the symptoms were strangely familiar. And we have had some unusually warm days in late winter this year to bring out the invisible pollen. Since this is also a year filled with stink bugs, I've named this The Year of the Stinkbug. Who knows what horrid things those armored-alien-looking things bring upon us besides their obnoxious stink?

No comments: