Thursday, April 07, 2011

Uncovering the Logic of English

I wish I could readily remember where the rabbit trail began that led me to this new book, Uncovering the Logic of English (Eide). I'm sure I started that trail from someone's blog or a Facebook post. Maybe I'll cross paths again and find out.

In the meantime, Eide has written an interesting-to-English-nerds book about all our spelling rules. She subtitled the book
A Common-Sense Solution to America's Literacy Crisis.

Not necessarily bedtime reading, but the book is written simply and straightforwardly. This coupled with my worn copy of How to Teach Spelling, I hope to perfect my know-how and lessons.

Plus, I find all this just plain interesting!

For more about
Uncovering the Logic of English, see this site. Eide keeps a blog there too.

1 comment:

europeanne said...

This is the first I've heard of this book/program. Now it's on my Amazon wishlist! :-)