Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bringing it home again

Major decisions take me a long time to embrace. But once decided, I generally do not waver. I'm happier today than I've been in a while. I feel like a burden has eased in weight. I cannot wait to come home! So much so that my mind wanders occasionally to new plans after a significant rest.

I've begun to pick through my shelves for books to give away to homeschoolers, fellow teachers, and Goodwill. Shelf space is needed for those books I bring back home. And that bringing begins today. Slowly, a little day by day will not overwhelm me. And I plan to spend the month of June organizing them all. July must be the beach. And August the garden. September is possible for the trip that could never occur while working. And the following months? Rest, reading, reflecting. 

Yes, my happiness is returning. I do hope I've done a worthy job in my pursuit over the last few years. It seemed a good thing then, and still a good thing. But I've given more than I had. Now it's time for someone else to pick all that up and carry it a while. 

Home . . . you're looking good!




2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

You have served your family and community well. It is time to rest.
I am happy for you, Janie.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I can't wait to see what the next chapter in your life will be.

I know something of what you are going through even though I homeschooled but did not teach in "a school". For me it was working in corporations.

There would come a day when "the grace would life" and suddenly I realized I didn't want to do this, anymore.

It was God's way of pushing-pulling-dragging me to the next chapter of life! Each time I can't say I was all that thrilled but later and looking back, it was the right thing to do.