Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Summer Stack begins

The newest arrival for the summer stack: The Ode Less Travelled.

I'm no poet and do not even aspire or want to be. 

What I do enjoy, though, is reading about poetry. 

Every week, I introduce new poems in two classes for weekly memorization. Going through these every day, year after year, still heightens my admiration for poets. 

The preface  excites me: "There is no getting away from it: in about five minutes' time, if you keep reading at a steady rate, you will start to find yourself, slowly at first and then with gathering speed and violence, under bombardment from technical words, many of them Greek in origin and many of them perhaps unfamiliar to you."

3 comments:

LoriM said...

One of my favorites! I have loaned my copy many times. :-)

LoriM said...

One of my favorites! I have loaned my copy many times. :-)

A Circle of Quiet said...

Fry is both brilliant and hilarious. I love this book.

Di