Friday, May 10, 2013

Fine Art Friday


"A Gotthelf Reader"
Albert Anker

Throughout the Albert Anker paintings which have made it to Fine Art Friday, I've noticed similarities in texture, color, and position. And, of course, subject matter. 

With little time right now to right observations, I'll leave that to you, except for two: the glow on her cheeks and the dirt on her feet. Interesting.



Dreams, books, are each a world; and books, we know,
Are a substantial world, both pure and good:
Round these, with tendrils strong as flesh and blood,
Our pastime and our happiness will grow.
William Wordsworth

2 comments:

Dana in Georgia said...

Thanks for introducing me to Anker. Your mentnion of the *dirty* feet remind me of the work of one of my favorite painters, W.A. Bouguereau, who was very adept at flesh tones. His girls had *dirty* feet.

Diane Wheeler said...

I thought of Bouguereau, too, Dana. I love that the bed looks unmade and she is reading. Looks like my life (-:

Di