Thursday, May 30, 2013

Moving out and moving on

Desk drawers cleaned out, all books and personal belongings removed (except for some posters I'm leaving). Today was the last school and with graduation tomorrow night.

I'm laden with a mixture of relief and sadness, acknowledging accomplishments and conflict, rejoicing in triumphs and friendships while lamenting defeat, wondering if all the work has been worth the effort, yet looking forward to long, extended periods of rest, relaxation, and recovery.

Whenever those emotional feelings have reared themselves today, my saving grace has been to remember that in one week, I'll be dragging my chair to the surf's edge, soaking up the warmth of the sun, smelling the salty air, hearing the waves pound and losing myself in some yet-to-be-decided story.

Life is good, and I know it is because God has made it good. 

No comments: