Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I do believe I could really live here.

I love everything about the beach. I love the leisure of the beach decorated by the sounds of the birds, the waves pounding the sand, the smell of salt in the air, the ocean breezes, and the warmth of the sun.

I love to read at the beach. But this trip I feel like I've read the least because I've needed to spend more time just in the leisure of watching and listening the waves. Just to relax. I've slept harder and longer at night, hopefully getting out of the five- to six-hour per night sleep schedule. I am relaxing.

On a last-minute lark before leaving town, I picked up Beach House Memories by Mary Alice Monroe at the library. Several years ago, I read all of her Lowcountry books and loved the stories.This one is an idyllic charmer too. Mary Alice Monroe lives in the Lowcountry and writes about what she knows, so her beach descriptions are perfect.


Soon enough, it will be time to depart for real life and leave the beach to just memories. For now though, I'll enjoy everything about it. And now it's time to go put my toes in that wonderful damp sand again.


No comments: