Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2014: The Year of Three Months

Since June, I have almost rushed toward this day. 

My neglect of intentional reading because of work frustrated me and stole joy. But I just couldn't drop everything and begin it. So I gave myself until January 1 to declutter, reorganize, clean, and gift-or-throw-out so I could begin this year with some semblance of order and focus. 

No, I've not finished those tasks, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I see hope! 

Even as I culled more books to move on to someone else's shelves during the last few weeks of December, I made certain resolve to think about what I wanted to read this year. Without that list (which I do retain the right to change!), I would wander through this and that book and neglect intentionality. 

I plan on reading through the Bible again this year and trying the 90-day read. IF, and that's a big IF, I can do it (well, of course I CAN), or maybe I should say if I will be diligent to attend to the plan, I will be able to go through the Bible four times in the year. :) I always do this in the mornings and include a short almanac or 5 Minute reading, and read a bit out of something spiritual. 

This year, I hope to add a reading time at lunch, too, and read about Iceland for our upcoming trip, and add some kid-history books before moving those on to someone else.

The bulk of reading will come at bedtime, and I really want to finish Sarum. I got about halfway through those thousand pages in 2012 before laying it aside for a while. 

I'm sure there will be some no-go books resulting in some changes in choices. So, here's the plan for the winter months!


1 comment:

Veronica@TravelTabloid said...

i liked most of the books that you have mentioned.. thanks for posting dear one :)