Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Reminiscing: Seasonal Soundings Reading Challenges

Anyone remember these? I was reminded of them out of the blue this morning when I read this. We used to do seasonal challenges too! But when I went to the Goodreads site for details, I realized there are more rules and regs than I'd ever want to be trapped into. Having the moderator approve your book?! Maybe I'll get to that point in my reading life, but I'm not banking on it.

Since I've been thinking about reading challenges lately anyway, that posting made me think some more. I really want to be more intentional about my reading again, but a fall challenge is too soon for me. Maybe a better start time will be a winter challenge beginning December 2014. Can we revive the Seasonal Soundings Reading Challenges? What do you think?

I've been trying to finish some books in a couple of series so I can "move on." And I've been reading in prep for our Iceland trip which commences in just a few days! When I return, I hope to finish those few lingering series-books, then acclimate myself to a more intentional (and beneficial) reading plan by the first of October.

Do you plan your reading to some degree? Are you up for a SS Winter Reading Challenge December, 2014?


3 comments:

Carol in Oregon said...

Yes, Yes, YES!!

I remember them well. They have left an indelible mark on my life.

I am with you on this!

Diane Wheeler said...

Not surprising: I am with Carol on this. I would love to join you!

Di

Sherry said...

Maybe. I'm a little rebellious, even in regard to my own plans. This post tells about one challenge I'm working on right now: http://www.semicolonblog.com/?page_id=21976
I've actually read eight books from the list of over 100 since I posted this list in January, but I don't have a time limit. Yes, I know it's not "seasonal", but it is time-related.