Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Watching the Almighty go about his business


From Jan Karon's latest Mitford book Come Rain or Come Shine, this quote really Did stop me: 
 
"You could tell a lot about people 
who would stop what they were doin'
to watch the Almighty
go about his business."

So simple. So direct. And so true. 

It's really hard to tell what I've told to people when I haven't stopped to watch. 

But I did stop to watch the other day. And told my husband to look too. 

We were on our way to church, and the snow was falling quietly, hanging on the upper edges of all the tree skeletons. What is normally at this time of year a gray mass of indistinct tangles was suddenly highlighted with design, each line different and vivid, white on gray. And beautiful.

"Ponder anew what the Almighty can do."


1 comment:

Carolyne said...

"Surely His goodness and mercy here daily attend thee......Ponder anew........"

I *Love* that hymn, all seven stanzas~!