Tuesday, March 01, 2016

My Reading Life: Winter Reading Challenge 2015 Wrap-Up



Real-paper books:
***Beach Music (Conroy) 
*Bread and Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes (Niequist)
**Come Rain or Come Shine (Karon)
Crusade (Laird)
***Orbiting Jupiter (Schmidt)
**Hershey: Milton S. Hershey's Extraordinary Life of Wealth, Empire, and Utopian Dreams (D’Antonio)
**The Light Between Oceans (Stedman)
**The Old Man and the Boy (Ruark)
**Slightly Chipped: Footnotes in Booklore (Goldstone) 
*My Own Cape Cod (Taber) 

Audiobooks:
***Brooklyn (Tóibín) Easy-listening story. 
*The Road to Little Dribbling: Adventures of an American in Britain (Bryson) 
*Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Sloan)
***Trident K9 Warriors: My Tale from the Training Ground to the Battlefield with Elite Navy SEAL Canines (Ritland) -- Still listening to this one, but I know I'll not change my rating. Fascinating.

Abandoned audio: The Little Paris Bookshop (George)
 
Ratings:  
*** I liked these the most.
**   They were really interesting.
*     Endured. 

It is my plan to review a few more from this list as time allows. 

No comments: