Monday, March 26, 2007

A Thinking Blog Award

What a surprise to learn that Higher Up and Further In gave Seasonal Soundings a "Thinking Blog" award (sponsored here). This is an unexpected privilege and honor.

I hope Seasonal Soundings does spark your thinking. Even if you disagree, you are thinking!

Mostly, though, Seasonal Soundings is a snippet into my thinking, such that it is.

As asked when tagged, five blogs that make me think:

A Circle of Quiet
I read A Circle of Quiet long before I ever entered the blogging world. In fact, the lady behind A Circle of Quiet was the push behind the urge for me to begin blogging. I enjoy her booktalk, her photography, and hearing her homeschooling adventures now that mine are over. Many of my reading choices have resulted from A Circle of Quiet. Miles are the only thing that separates our friendship.

Magistra Mater
When MagistraMater entered my world over a year ago, we both decided we were sisters separated by the American continent. I love the booktalk and thoughtful thinking from MagistraMater. But above all, I treasure the friendship.

Mindy Withrow
I meet Mindy through her wonderful children's church history books. Of like theological persuasion, I enjoy her spectre of book reviews. This is a deep thinking young woman to watch for on the writers front.

Rock Creek Rumblings
The lady behind Rock Creek Rumblings crossed my path years ago on a homeschooling message board. It wasn't until recently that I found her deep thinking and insightful blog. Our theological persuasions are similar also.

Coffee, Tea, Books, and Me
The author of this blog writes interesting stuff! She's new to me this year and I enjoy reading her thoughtful posts. Again, books tie us together!

4 comments:

Carol in Oregon said...

Why thank you, Janie!

Kathleen Hamilton said...

Thank, Janie! I am stunned and honored. I truly (and I don't say this for false modesty) hesitate before pressing "publish" every time I write a post because most of the time I don't really know what I'm talking about. However, if it makes you think, I guess that's a good thing ;-)! The more I read, the more I realize how much I don't know.

I visited all the sites of your other award-winners and got lots of great ideas for more books to read!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Why, thank you!

The feeling is mutual. :)

Mindy Withrow said...

Thank you for this honor, Janie. I'm excited to pass it on to others who keep me thinking, too!