Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Wedding Meme


Then........................................and Now, thirty years later

1. Where/How did you meet? In a college religion class “Apocalyptic Literature.”

2. How long have you known each other? 31 years this month.

3. How long after you met did you start dating? Just a few days.

4. How long did you date before you were engaged? About nine months.

5. How long was your engagement? Six months.

6. How long have you been married? 30 years this coming June.

7. What is your anniversary? June 4.

8. How many people came to your wedding reception? About 200.

9. What kind of cake did you serve? The best white cake with buttercream frosting decorated with yellow and green flowers.

10. Where was your wedding? Presbyterian Church of Radford (Virginia)

11. What did you serve for your meal? No meal, only afternoon finger food.

12. How many people were in your wedding party? Four bridesmaids, four groomsmen.

13. Are you still friends with them all? We have all scattered, though I still see one of them occasionally, not including my sister who was my maid of honor.

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? No.

15. Most special moment of your wedding day? All of it was special.

16. Any funny moments? No.

17. Any big disasters? No.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Pipestem, West Virginia. A lovely mountain retreat.

19. How long were you gone? 3-4 days (can’t remember exactly).

20. If you were to do your wedding over... I would make sure the recorder was working.

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? Right.

22. What size is your bed? Queen. We’ve thought about a king but like the closeness a queen offers.

23. Greatest strength as a couple? Our commitment to Christ.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Don’t know of anything in particular.

25. Who literally pays the bills? Both.

26. What is your song? We don’t have one.

27. What did you dance your first dance to? We don’t dance.

28. Describe your wedding dress. Ivory sheer organza scalloped with re-embroidered lace and seed pearls with shepherdess sleeves and a circular skirt and train.

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? I carried cymbidium orchids and ivy; my attendants carried baskets of yellow and white daisies and ivy.

30. Are your wedding bands engraved? Yes, with dates and initials.

31. How old were you when you got married? 20, though I turned 21 the next month. He was 26.


4 comments:

Poiema said...

Our 30th anniversary will be June 3rd~~~looks like we were married on the very same week-end. Fun pictures and memories that you shared.
Blessings,
Poiema

Kathleen Hamilton said...

Say! My husband and I are the same age as you and your husband are (if I've counted everything correctly, that is--he's 56, I'm 50). We got married later than you did, though--1981. I was just a couple weeks shy of my 25th birthday, and he was 30, pushing 31.

Seasonal Soundings said...

I guess we three are all about the same age!
Yes Poiema, we were both married the same weekend! It was a lovely day here.
And, Kathleen, there is five years difference in my husband's age and mine; he will be 56 next month and I'll turn 51 in the summer. We had our first child at the ages you all got married. :)

Carol in Oregon said...

Oh, how fun. I remember the wedding picture from last year; I love the current picture.

We're just a year behind you, and I was also 20 when I got married. My kids act shocked that I would marry so young - I tell them that I was "very mature for my age"...LOL!