Sunday, February 25, 2007

Spring Reading Challenge

It's that time again!

Because intentional reading has been so successful for me and other Seasonal Soundings readers, why not sign on, make a list, and start reading? You may surprise yourself at how focused your reading becomes.

Feel free to copy the Spring Reading Challenge button to your blog and don't forget to leave a link to your list in the comments!


Seasonal Soundings' Spring Reading Challenge List:

Everyday:

A Diary of Private Prayer (Baillie)
Faith Alone (Luther)
The One Year Book of Poetry (Comfort)
The Intellectual Devotional (Kidder)
Truths We Confess (Sproul)

Morning:

Moby Dick with the audio
Ivanhoe (Scott) with the audio
The Call (Guiness)
Long Journey Home (Guiness)
The Passionate Learner (Fried)
Poetic Knowledge (Taylor)
Reading Aloud & Beyond (Serefini)
Loving God with All Your Mind (Veith)

Evening:

Dr. Jenner & the Speckled Monster (Marrin)
The Crown of Fire: Polycarp Bishop of Smyrna (Newson)
To the Last Man (Marrin)
Master & Commander (Brian)
Redeeming Science (Poythress)
The Chosen (Potok)
The Promise (Potok)
Going Somewhere (Grant)


11 comments:

Kendra Fletcher said...

Wow! This is great, but am I crazy for signing up for this the week I am due with our seventh?

My blog is specific so I'll post here instead:

-Peacemaking Women, Barthel & Dabler
-Joshua, the Bible
-The Thirty Nine Steps, Buchan
-The House of Sixty Fathers
-When People Are Big and God is Small

I'm stopping there, lest I overwhelm myself. I look forward to reading while nursing a newborn babe!

Anonymous said...

Soon!

Soon, I promise, I will wrap up Winter Challenge and post Spring Challenge.

Kenj, your list is great. I read The Thirty-Nine Steps to my brother during a 20 hour car trip we took about 8 years ago. Blessings on your upcoming birth.

Heidi said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I'm ready to get started.

My list is here: http://mthopeacademy.blogspot.com/2007/02/spring-reading-challenge.html

Anonymous said...

My list will be posted here-
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/glad2bheld/
I didn't do too well on the Winter Challenge, so I'm looking forward to this one.
Joanna

Anonymous said...

Okay, my list is up:

http://carrie.homeschooljournal.net/2007/02/26/spring-reading-challenge/

Poiema said...

I see 3 on your list that I am reading currently: The One Year Book of Poetry, Ivanhoe(nearly finished) and The Chosen. I'm also reading _Heaven_ by Randy Alcorn. If I finish those, I want to read Lying Awake by Salzman. My lists are never very long; I like to leave space for books to come my way by serendipity.
Poiema

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I am reading the Intellectual Devotional as well. Your list is so much more challenging than mine. I just posted my books today.

http://preschoolathome.typepad.com/preschool_at_home/2007/03/spring_reading_.html

Di said...

Well, I finally have my list posted, Janie. I sure am looking forward to this season's reading. Thanks for the challenge.

Love,
Diane

DebD said...

I'm joining in as as well. Here is my list:

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/debdillon/294624/

Thanks!

Quotidian Life said...

Hi Janie,

This is my first time to join in the Reading Challenge. Thanks for the inspiration! I put my list up today.

Wisteria said...

I'm game!!
http://twicebloomed.blogspot.com