Summer Reading Challenge 2007
When the calendar turns to June 1 this Friday (oh my, how time flies), Seasonal Soundings' seasonal reading challenge will begin for three months of summer fun!
As I've said before, my mind does not work within the solar-ordered system of seasons. Rather, to me it's summer from June 1 to August 31. That means three months or thirteen weeks or ninety-two days for the Summer Reading Challenge 2007.
If you hope to participate (which requires absolutely no obligation to do anything besides aiming at some intentional reading), start thinking about your list. And please plan to share it within the first few days of June.
Maybe summer reading for you is a time to bask in some fun fiction or read ahead for school next year. Whatever your summer genre, intention is the first step.
My summer list will basically follow my 2007 year list with a few changes. But, if my employment situation happens, I will alter the summer list significantly.
Feel free to copy the Summer Reading Challenge button to your blog and encourage others to try the Summer Challenge.
[The button picture is one I took while at the beach last week. I'm amazed at the detail of the water splashes and shapes. And I'm no photographer!]









15 comments:
Great Pic!
Your seasonal challenges are pleasant reminders to organize my reading. However, I enjoy being able to follow a rabbit trail, like with my current AT interest.
I couldnt have planned that after my Kansas City/Missouri/Harry Truman challenge, which despite all the fascinating information, I will set aside and move on.
Dana in GA
Great picture!!
I am still trying to decide whether to join. I hope I can start reading more after all the weddings in June.
I think I will join just to put that picture in my sidebar :)
I will be posting my list for the Summer Reading Challenge in the next day or two, but here is my wrap-up post for the Spring Reading Challenge. Thank you so much for letting me participate!
http://mthopeacademy.blogspot.com/2007/05/spring-reading-challenge-wrap-up.html
Hello!
I'd like to join and already listed my books on my blog.
Thanks for doing this!
~Rebecca
Here's my post:
http://runningriverlatinschool.blogspot.com/2007/05/readyset.html
Thanks for the inspiration!
I finished my Spring wrap up today:
Spring Wrap Up
I'm planning on joining for the Summer one too. Thanks for making this available to us.
Count me in - I'll leave a link when I get my post up. Probably next week - we have two nephews staying with us this week, which makes six kids - five of them boys. I won't have time until they go!
HI! I've posted my list for my partcipation in the Summer Reading Challenge. My list is, most likely, small compared to some, but it's ambitious for me! :)
Here is my post:
http://theten0clockscholar.blogspot.com/2007/05/summer-reading-challenge.html
This will be fun!
Kerry
Well here I am ...Thanks for the invite. I a looking forward to participating.
Last year I read through How To Read A Book, I would have never done it had it not been for the reading group.
I am off to my new blog to post my list which seems the only thing I can do because I cannot seem to get your picture link to come up...grr
blessings
Clara in Miami
http://gleaningintheshepherdsfield.blogspot.com/
Thanks for adding my link
I posted your pic but it doesn't look right( despite being such a lovely pic), there is white space around it...Thanks so much for taking time to help..I imagine I will get the hang of it
Blessed reading !!!
Clara in Miami
Hello -
I'm new to blogging and want to join your Summer Reading Challenge. However, I am 'challenged' when it comes to adding the picture and link to my blog!!
Anyone out there want to give me a quick overview on how to do it in blogger?
Thanks!
Laura
http://waitsfaithjourney.blogspot.com
Laura,
I you want to post the SRC button pic in a regular blog post, use this tag:
< img src="" > but remove the spaces after < and before >.
To add it in your sidebar, right click on picture, click copy image location. Go to your template page, and choose add a picture. Paste in the image location and save. This should work.
After you post your list, please add it in this comment section and I'll link you!
Janie
Oops, Laura, I left out something in the first direction to post a pic in a blog post. Between the "" in the tag given, insert the image location which would be
http://bp0.blogger.com/_fPGqNI8B4JY/RmFnGzh-NuI/AAAAAAAAATM/4A1CRBO79yc/s400/SummerReadingChallenge1.png
Sorry I left that out!
Hi Janie
I actually have to post a comment to be able to log on and access my own blog..I don't know what's going on..boo hoo...I was wondering what browser you use...when I right click on a photo I do not get a command that says save image target, so I saved the image to my computer but when I post it , it has ugly white space above and below.grrr
novice blogger blues
anyhow...I am reading about Augustine right now, I was intrigued by the discussion at the WTM board so I'll have to add that to my list
blessed reading
Clara in Miami
Here is my list! Thanks for hosting.
http://airmiles.wordpress.com/2007/06/10/summer-reading-challenge/
Post a Comment