How apropos
Last night, my husband (who always reads the comics in the daily paper) deeply chuckled.
What? What? I wanted to know!
He showed me this.
Eeww, I want it. I need to save that one.
Shortly thereafter, little soldier girl unexpectantly drove in pulling a moving trailer. Her new job is six/seven hours from here, and she is satisfied right now with the direction her life is taking her.
And I, being that kind of mother, I must admit, have not always been satisfied with her choices post-deployment.
And cutting those particular strings has been hard. Any way you look at it. Especially with some of this little fledgling's choices.
I am convinced, and have been since our four kids entered adulthood-by-law, that raising four toddlers - most in diapers - is far easier and less stressful.
It's a different kind of stress. You'll see when you get there. And if you have gotten there, you understand.
As I've said before regarding home education -that it is as much for our (the parents') life instruction and benefit as it is for the kids'- life's transition as parents of teenagers to adults can also be a difficult school. I think I did better as a home education parent than what I've been doing the last few years. At least with this one.
But, today, fences were mended, the brier bush trimmed (maybe tamed), and new ground is being cultivated. ...Promises and possibilities...
And I'm cultivating that this is not always true.
Oh, and all her roomly belongings got moved and packed into the trailer, including her piano. Her little brothers, who obviously are not little in that respect, moved and loaded that music-maker of sizable poundage for her before they left for work this morning. She's on her way driving back now, not more than fifteen hours since she arrived, and pulling a loaded trailer. The little soldier girl still amazes me at the tasks she doesn't hesitate to attempt.
You might think I would be sad or something, but I'm not. In some shadowy way, I am relieved that the move has been made. Completely. It is time. And it will be good. For both of us.
Another one of those "Possibilites and promises"...
(Proverbs 22:6)
(Thank you, Mmv!)









1 comment:
ROFLOL...I clicked on all the links thinking (hoping) that the cartoon was going to be a different one. giggle.
I guess you know yourself well and trust that you are laughing at/with yourself.
Again, I agree with you totally about the stresses of rearing children as toddlers and then adults. Both ages are difficult and stressful...but different.
TTFN Dana
Post a Comment